AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core, 12-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Wraith Stealth CoolerView on Amazon
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Wraith Prism LED CoolerView on Amazon
Intel Core i9-9900K Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 5.0GHz Unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W (BX806849900K)View on Amazon
Intel Core i9-9900K Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 5.0 GHz Turbo Unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95WView on Amazon
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core, 24-thread unlocked desktop processor with Wraith Prism LED CoolerView on Amazon
Last update on 2023-03-23 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
3 minutes ago
New too the group. I have two questions but first here is currently my pc specs:
Gigabyte B350 Gaming 3
Corsair LPX 3200 (2x 8gb)
GTX 1080 ti
EVGA 750 GQ psu
Cooler Master Haf 912 Case (6x 120mm fans)
I recently been slowly updating my PC. Most recent upgraded being the cpu from R5 1600 to R9 3900x. I know my mobo is on the budget end of the spectrum, but also know it can handle r9 3900 with NO OC. I’m wanting to O/C the 3900 but I want to know what the best cooling solution would be. Currently on stock prisim cooler. Under heavy load cpu sits at 71°. But I’m looking at doing best OC I can, but would love to maintain lowest temp possible. What would be best route? Iv seen two possible options, Air rock pro 4 vs Nzxt x62. Iv never done an AIO before so not sure what would yeild better results. Would a more budget friendly but reputable aio work good like deepcool? Or should I just stick with a solid air cooler as iv never delt with AIO before?. Also my pc case, not sure if there a much better one in terms of cooling/airflow. I dont care much about aesthetic as much as I do performance and cooling. Like seeing rgb and clear pane into the pc is cool and all, but I’d rather give that up for better cooling performance.
Also my mobo will need updating before I get into OC. Should I do x470 or x570? I’m more concerned about VRM. My b350 board was more than suitable for the R5 1600. But with the R9 3900x iv relized this mobo has bad VRM they can get upwards of 95-97° under load according to hWinfo program. Which to me seems very high when underload for long durations. So which mobo would yeild best VRM results, but not break the bank. Looking for happy medium on both spectrums.
I’m realitivly new to building my own pc, started 2 years ago with same pc specs however I had the R5 1600 for cpu, GTX 1050ti for gpu, evga 500 BQ for psu when I started. Just been slowly updating the pc, while doing research along the way.
Thanks for any information you guys can provide!
2 minutes ago
Reply to Joshua Webb
Here the catch.. less RGB less heat.
And also custom liquid cooling might not for everyone, so your best bet go with decent AIO or high end AIR Cooler from Noctua..
1 minute ago
Reply to Joshua Webb
I have an Nh-C14s in my setup with an r5 3600 OC’d to 4.25. It is a great cooler for small cases and still have most of the cooling capacity, I’m in a mATX Dell Optiplex. For maximum cooling with air I recommend the NH-D15S, it is a massive cooler that is better than some AIOs and holds it’s own with the rest fairly well.
- Prebuilt: $500 - $600 - $700 - $800 - $1000 - $1200 - $1500 - $2000 - 2500 - $3000 - $5000
- Custom built computer: RTX 2060 - RTX 3060Ti - Rtx 3070 - RTX 3080 - Rtx 3090 - Gaming pcs for streaming - 4K Gaming - Intel i9 Gaming PC - Pc For Fortnite
- Brand: Asus Prebuilt - HP Pavilion - Alienware Gaming - Dell Gaming PCs
- CPU: Liquid Cpu Cooler For Ryzen 5 3600 - Motherboard For 3600 - Gpu For Ryzen 5 3600 - Ram For Ryzen 5 3600 - CPU for 3060 - Cpu Cooler For I9 12900k - Cpu Cooler For Overclocking - Am3+ Cpu - LGA 1150 CPU For Gaming - Cpu For Gtx 1080 Ti - AMD vs Intel CPU which is better for gaming? - CPU Cooler for i7 9700k - CPU cooler for I9 9900k - 360mm Aio - 280mm Aio
- Motherboard: Z390 Motherboard - Motherboard For Intel I5 - Motherboard For Intel 12th - X470 Motherboard - Amd Motherboards - Am4 X370 Motherboard - Motherboard For Ryzen 5 - AM4 Motherboard
- Memory & Storage: DDR4 - DDR5 - Ram For Ryzen 3700x - M 2 Nvme Ssd - HDD
- Video Card: Gpu For Ryzen 5 - Graphics Card For Mining - Gpu For 5600x
- Power Supply: Corsair Power Supply - 1000w Psu - Power Supply (PSU) for gaming
- Monitor: Gaming Monitor With Hdmi 2.1 - 49 Inch Monitor - Curved Gaming Monitor - Monitor For Mac - 1440p Monitor - Monitor For Gaming - Super Ultrawide Monitor - Console Gaming Monitors 4k
- Case Fan: 80mm Case - RGB case fans
- PC case: micro-ATX cases - Airflow PC Case - Lian Li White - Thermaltake
- Accessories: HDMI splitter for dual monitors - Wireless gaming keyboards